What We Do
The Core Investment Programme (CIP) is the upgrade element of the project and is taking place during the first five years of the contract. This includes the upgrade of all County Council owned lighting columns, lanterns, illuminated signs and illuminated traffic bollards across the county.
All parts of the process require specialist skill sets and you will notice numerous visits whilst the changes are implemented. Disruption will be kept to a minimum; however it is important to remember that you will see barriers on site, whilst the work is undertaken.
What changes can you expect
Busy roads (classed as a traffic route) will be completely redesigned to achieve a specific lighting level under the British Standards. Most columns will be replaced and are likely to be re-located elsewhere to maximize lighting levels.
Columns in most residential roads will be replaced on a one-for-one basis (i.e. close to the existing column) but typically located at the back of the footpath. Existing newer columns will remain and older columns will be replaced with new columns. As a condition of the PFI funding, 10% of columns will be removed and not replaced and as these cannot be taken from traffic routes, some residential streets could experience reductions in columns by up to 40%. The improved white light will help to compensate for the loss of columns.
We can :
- Provide a free competitive quotation for any work.
- Perform project work on duel carriageways motorways, housing developments and public regeneration.
- Supply and installation of street lighting, road signage to a guaranteed adoptable standard.
- Provide term maintenance of existing external lighting and electrical schemes.
- Provide design of street lighting and road signage schemes.
- Provide supply power provision to remote structures such as street advertising displays and bus shelters.
- Provide lighting consultancy services for councils and developers
guaranteed problem-free adoption of lighting and signage schemes as we are an integral part of the adoption process with the Authority.
- Offer clients a 'one-stop shop' for their entire street lighting requirements.